2D line objects can be created for use as logos or annotations in a design. The topics below will cover how to draw 2D line objects as well as how to save them to a library for reuse.
How to Draw 2D Lines, Shapes and Text
This procedure will guide you through drawing 2D lines and text in PADS Maker Layout:
- To draw a line or shape, select the Drafting Toolbar (), then select the 2D Line icon .
- To control line direction or to draw a 2D shape, right-click on the canvas and select from the options in the menu.
- Click a location on the canvas to start the line/shape (note: do not click-and-drag). Hover the mouse to continue drawing the object, and click again to complete the object.
Follow the steps below to add text to PADS Maker Layout:
- To draw a line or shape, select the Drafting Toolbar, then select the Text icon .
- This will open the Add Free Text Dialog. Here you can control the layer, location and font type to be placed in the design. Enter a value into the Add Free text field and press the OK button.
- Click a location on the place the text string
How to Save a 2D Line Object to Library
Once you have completed drawing an image, you can save it to your library for reuse by following the steps below:
- Combine the 2D line objects that form the greater object. To do this, select all objects (click-and-drag to fence select all objects is the fastest way to do this), right-click, and select Combine from the dropdown menu.
- Once combined, make sure the object is still selected, then right-click again. Select Save to Library.
- Select the proper location for the object. You will now be able to load the 2D object into future designs using the From Library icon () on the Drafting Toolbar.