Each newly opened PADS Maker Layout project starts with a pre-drawn board outline to quickly get you started on building your design. If your design requires a board outline of a different size or shape, you can either edit the starting board outline or delete it and draw a new one. This page will provide you with information on both options.
Editing a Board Outline
Selecting the Board Outline
Before you edit any part of the board outline, right-click and select Select Board Outline. This will allow you to select segments of the board outline. To select the entire board outline, hold down Shift while clicking on any segment of the board outline.
Moving the Board Outline
To move all or part of the board outline:
- Select the segment(s) you would like to move.
- Right-click and select Move (or press Ctrl + E).
- Position the cursor to the new location and click to complete.
Deleting a Board Outline
To delete a board outline, simply select the outline and press Delete.
Drawing a Board Outline
Board outlines are created using the drafting tools located in the Drafting toolbox.
To create a board outline:
- Go to View > Toolbars > Drafting Toolbar, or click the Drafting Toolbar button on the main toolbar.
- On the Drafting toolbar, click the Board Outline and Cut Out button.
- Right-click in the Editor window and select your shape preference from the menu (Polygon, Circle, or Rectangle).
- Draw an outline using the pointer, clicking to set the vertices if in Polygon mode.
- Click to complete a rectangular or circular outline. Double-click to complete a polygonal outline.