PartQuest Release Notes
December 20, 2018
Updates to the Request for EDA Content
- All communication with the user for part requests are handled by PartQuest
- Bug fixes
Updates to Custom Footprint Generator:
- Added Terminal types: Ball, Column, Pressfit, Pin, Through-hole (TH), Terminal-wire, Screw
- Added Package outlines: Cylinder, Disk Button, Flange Mount, In-line Package
- Added Axial Terminal Position
- Right side view now shows side and front elevations for TH Terminal types
- Added Rounded Rectangle, Modified Rectangle, Circle, D-Shape, Double-D and Castellated.
Updates to Custom Footprint Generator:
- Added Package types Chip Scale Package, Flatpack, Grid Array, and MIcroelectronic Assembly
- Added Terminal Positions Bottom, Diagonal, Quad, Triple, and ZigZag
- Auto Terminal Numbering
- Ability to define Missing and Deleted Terminals
- Added Custom Naming of Terminal Groups
- Add support for Multiple Terminal Groups
- Add support for Bottom Terminal Position patterns
- Adding Zoom In/Out
June 20, 2018
Updates to the Custom Footprint Generator:
- Compliant with JEDEC standards JESD30H and JEP30-P100
- New Package Outline Types: Array Type, Long-form, Discrete, Connector, and Switch
- New Terminal Types: J-Bend, J-Inverted, L-Bend, S-Bend, and Wraparound
- New Terminal Positions: End and Single
September 27, 2017
August 22, 2017
- Support for surface leads extending to the edge of the body including castellated, wettable and non-wettable, and D-Shape.
- Update to improve logging in to Mentor.com credentials.
- Bug fixes to the website.
July 13, 2017
- Support for packages with missing leads. This enables the creation of asymmetric pin layouts.
- Removed the Digi-Key login requirement. You no longer have to create a Digi-Key account or provide you Digi-Key credentials when logging into PartQuest.com.
May 1, 2017
March 20, 2017
- Added C-Bend Lead Form to the SOIC footprints. The footprint creation wizard now includes support for C-Bend lead forms.
January 27, 2017
- Introducing Footprint Creation to PartQuest. A guided wizard helps you capture the physical details of your part. An engine then generates footprints according to the IPC7351B standard. (Details) This initial release covers a limited number of package types. Support for additional part types will be added incrementally.
- Allow automated and batch import of downloaded EDX files to xDM Library Tools.
- Bug Fixes.
October 20, 2016
- More Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. Now at 705,000 Digi-Key part numbers with Accelerated Designs symbols and footprints.
April 21, 2016
- Introducing Symbol Creation to PartQuest. After providing a pin list, PartQuest will generate a symbol for you. Don't worry with pin spacing and other symbol details. Focus on capturing the pin list and let PartQuest do the rest. (Details)
- Removed unnecessary space in Accelerated Designs provided symbols.
- Fixed bug during DigiKey authorization.
February 3, 2016
- 230,000 more Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. 680,000 Digi-Key part numbers now available with Accelerated Designs symbols and footprints.
- xDM Library Client — Supplier Part and Manufacturer Part are mapped to user specified partition.
- Bug fixes
November 3, 2015
- Fixed bugs in PartQuest desktop integration.
- Added support for Xpedition VX.1.2 release import menu.
October 22, 2015
- Improved the setup for desktop integration.
October 8, 2015
- PADS Integrated support (VX.1.1 and above) (Details)
- PADS Professional support (VX.1.1 and above) (Details )
- Xpedition Enterprise support (Windows only, VX.1.1 and above) (Details)
- Download part attributes, symbols, and footprints through your browser instead of using Dropbox.
August 10, 2015
May 29, 2015
- General release of PartQuest support for the PADS Netlist flows.
- Allow users to map Digi-Key property names to user specific names. (Details)
- PADS Netlist import utility supports viewing PartQuest DxDatabook data with existing user DxDatabook data (Details)
May 12, 2015
- Bug fix: Searches containing a ‘%’ return all parts.
April 21, 2015
- 88,000 more Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. Now at 448,000 Digi-Key part numbers with Accelerated Designs symbols and footprints.
- Ability to Favorite parts.
- Updated layout of Tool Integration page.
April 8, 2015
- Improved search performance.
April 3, 2015
- BETA release of PartQuest support for PADS Netlist flows.
- Download to specific PADS DxDatabook table.
- Recall download location and reuse for future downloads from the same Digi-Key sub category.
March 20, 2015
- Improved / more intuitive user interface
- Organize parts in projects
- Download parts directly from a search
- Configurable search view
- Dynamic number of columns. Maximum number of columns shown for your browser size
- Additional part details visible in drawer
March 2, 2015
- 11,000 more Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. Now at 448,000 Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints.
January 15, 2015
- Improved Digi-Key account association process.
November 4, 2014
- Initial release
- Searching of Digi-Key part database
350,000 Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints available