PartQuest Release Notes
August 7, 2020
- New look and feel!
PartQuest has now adopted Siemens colors and is making continuous effort to create a seamless experience across all our cloud applications.
- Usability improvements
- Pop-ups have responsive heights and scrollbars.
- Shift-click to select multiple values inside a filter, on both search page and My Footprints.
- Multiple Package Wizard validation rules were reviewed. These are now more specific and auto-scroll to the issues found.
- The comparison of the Terminal Numbers between Symbol and Footprint are directed into an error message for Download.
- Drag & Drop and material information icons added (Lead Free, RoHS Compliance).
- Significant performance improvements for My Created Parts, My Footprints and the Package Wizard.
- Deletion of any Symbol and Footprint is now enabled.
- Enabled deletion of parts that are no longer available in Digikey.
- Table headers remain visible after scrolling down the results.
- Nominal Density Footprint is now the Top Cell.
- Under certain conditions, Grid Array numbering stopped at AF. It now correctly numbers all applicable terminals.
- 20+ other fixes
March 6, 2020
VX.2.7 New Features
New technique for downloading parts using Drag & Drop when using Xpedition or PADS Professional. Parts are deposited into the Search window of either PADS Professional Designer or Xpedition Designer.
Go here for more details. This can be done from these locations in PartQuest:
- Search Results
- My Created Parts
- My Projects
- Recent Parts
Users running Versions VX.2.7 or later no longer require the PartQuest utilities be downloaded.
ECAD data for Versions VX.2.7 or later is in EDX format.
1) For more information about importing Digi-Key parts into a VX.2.7 or later Designer project, see the following tool documentation:
PADS: PADS PartQuest User’s Manual
PADS Professional: PADS Designer User’s Guide
Xpedition: Xpedition Designer User’s Guide
2) For more information about working with PartQuest parts and a VX.2.7 or later central library, see the following tool documentation:
PADS: PADS Library Tools User’s Guide
PADS Professional: PADS Pro Library Tools User’s Guide
Xpedition: Xpedition Library Manager User’s Guide
3) For more information about configuring the Databook tool to include PartQuest part parametric data, see the following tool documentation:
PADS: PADS Schematic Design Administrator’s Guide
PADS Professional: PADS Designer Administrator's Guide
Xpedition: Xpedition Designer and Xpedition System Designer Administrator’s Guide
Note: Issue with Firefox when using Drag & Drop
Windows 10 Blocks Drag Drop Operations Using Firefox Browser 77.0 – Xpedition Designer or PADS Designer
Under certain conditions, Windows 10 blocks the drag and drop operation of a PartQuest part to a project using Firefox Browser 77.0. See “Adding Digi-Key Parts From PartQuest to a Project” in the Xpedition Designer User’s Guide or PADS Designer User’s Guide. To allow drag and drop operations start Firefox using the –no-deelevate command line option. For more information see “Running Windows as Administrator with Launcher Process enabled in Firefox causes Drag and Drop errors – How to Fix” at support.mozilla.org.
December 23 ,2019
VX.2.6.1 New Features
Added Create Part, Create Orphan Symbol (used when part not available from Digi-Key) and Create Footprint.
- New Videos available from the pages for Create Part, Create Symbol and Create Footprint functionality. The arrow to the right of Create Part starts the video.
- Manufacturer, Part Number and Description fields allow 254 characters.
- Parts with symbol only and no pin mapping cannot be imported. A warning is generated in this situation.
September 7, 2019
VX.2.6 New Features
Enhanced Standard Symbols
- New Symbols Added- increased from 14 symbols to 76 symbols sorted into 13 categories
- Standard Symbols are compound meaning the text is automatically repositioned when the symbol is rotated or mirrored
- Settings for grid size and pin spacing
- Pin Mapping for standard symbols
Direct Access to Symbol and Footprint Builders with My Symbols and My Footprints
- Create orphan symbols and footprints (parts with no search results on DigiKey)
- New Symbol and Footprint naming capabilities
- List all Symbols/footprints
- Sort Properties
- Delete (only orphans)
- Filter Properties (Footprints)
- User can change order and display of columns (Footprints)
- EDA content goes to "Partquest" partition instead of user-defined partition
- Multiple parts go into one EDX (inside .pqz)
- GUI improvements such as reorganized menu, My Symbols, My Footprints, etc.
- Footprint Wizard: Default exclusion of standard letters for grid numbering
December 20, 2018
Updates to the Request for EDA Content
- All communication with the user for part requests are handled by PartQuest
- Bug fixes
Updates to Custom Footprint Generator:
- Added Terminal types: Ball, Column, Pressfit, Pin, Through-hole (TH), Terminal-wire, Screw
- Added Package outlines: Cylinder, Disk Button, Flange Mount, In-line Package
- Added Axial Terminal Position
- Right side view now shows side and front elevations for TH Terminal types
- Added Rounded Rectangle, Modified Rectangle, Circle, D-Shape, Double-D and Castellated.
Updates to Custom Footprint Generator:
- Added Package types Chip Scale Package, Flatpack, Grid Array, and MIcroelectronic Assembly
- Added Terminal Positions Bottom, Diagonal, Quad, Triple, and ZigZag
- Auto Terminal Numbering
- Ability to define Missing and Deleted Terminals
- Added Custom Naming of Terminal Groups
- Add support for Multiple Terminal Groups
- Add support for Bottom Terminal Position patterns
- Adding Zoom In/Out
June 20, 2018
Updates to the Custom Footprint Generator:
- Compliant with JEDEC standards JESD30H and JEP30-P100
- New Package Outline Types: Array Type, Long-form, Discrete, Connector, and Switch
- New Terminal Types: J-Bend, J-Inverted, L-Bend, S-Bend, and Wraparound
- New Terminal Positions: End and Single
September 27, 2017
August 22, 2017
- Support for surface leads extending to the edge of the body including castellated, wettable and non-wettable, and D-Shape.
- Update to improve logging in to Mentor.com credentials.
- Bug fixes to the website.
July 13, 2017
- Support for packages with missing leads. This enables the creation of asymmetric terminal layouts.
- Removed the Digi-Key login requirement. You no longer have to create a Digi-Key account or provide you Digi-Key credentials when logging into PartQuest.com.
May 1, 2017
March 20, 2017
- Added C-Bend Lead Form to the SOIC footprints. The footprint creation wizard now includes support for C-Bend lead forms.
January 27, 2017
- Introducing Footprint Creation to PartQuest. A guided wizard helps you capture the physical details of your part. An engine then generates footprints according to the IPC7351B standard. (Details) This initial release covers a limited number of package types. Support for additional part types will be added incrementally.
- Allow automated and batch import of downloaded EDX files to xDM Library Tools.
- Bug Fixes.
October 20, 2016
- More Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. Now at 705,000 Digi-Key part numbers with Accelerated Designs symbols and footprints.
April 21, 2016
- Introducing Symbol Creation to PartQuest. After providing a terminal list, PartQuest will generate a symbol for you. Don't worry with terminal spacing and other symbol details. Focus on capturing the terminal list and let PartQuest do the rest. (Details)
- Removed unnecessary space in Accelerated Designs provided symbols.
- Fixed bug during DigiKey authorization.
February 3, 2016
- 230,000 more Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. 680,000 Digi-Key part numbers now available with Accelerated Designs symbols and footprints.
- xDM Library Client — Supplier Part and Manufacturer Part are mapped to user specified partition.
- Bug fixes
November 3, 2015
- Fixed bugs in PartQuest desktop integration.
- Added support for Xpedition VX.1.2 release import menu.
October 22, 2015
- Improved the setup for desktop integration.
October 8, 2015
- PADS Integrated support (VX.1.1 and above) (Details)
- PADS Professional support (VX.1.1 and above) (Details )
- Xpedition Enterprise support (Windows only, VX.1.1 and above) (Details)
- Download part attributes, symbols, and footprints through your browser instead of using Dropbox.
August 10, 2015
May 29, 2015
- General release of PartQuest support for the PADS Netlist flows.
- Allow users to map Digi-Key property names to user specific names. (Details)
- PADS Netlist import utility supports viewing PartQuest DxDatabook data with existing user DxDatabook data (Details)
May 12, 2015
- Bug fix: Searches containing a ‘%’ return all parts.
April 21, 2015
- 88,000 more Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. Now at 448,000 Digi-Key part numbers with Accelerated Designs symbols and footprints.
- Ability to Favorite parts.
- Updated layout of Tool Integration page.
April 8, 2015
- Improved search performance.
April 3, 2015
- BETA release of PartQuest support for PADS Netlist flows.
- Download to specific PADS DxDatabook table.
- Recall download location and reuse for future downloads from the same Digi-Key sub category.
March 20, 2015
- Improved / more intuitive user interface
- Organize parts in projects
- Download parts directly from a search
- Configurable search view
- Dynamic number of columns. Maximum number of columns shown for your browser size
- Additional part details visible in drawer
March 2, 2015
- 11,000 more Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints. Now at 448,000 Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints.
January 15, 2015
- Improved Digi-Key account association process.
November 4, 2014
- Initial release
- Searching of Digi-Key part database
350,000 Digi-Key part numbers with symbols and footprints available